What does the Theft Policy Cover?
The Policy covers loss of or damage to Contents contained in a Building caused by theft following or followed by burglary (forcible and violent entry to or exit from a building) or attempted theft thereat.
What does the Theft Policy exclude?
The policy is subject to many exclusions, some of which are:
- War, acts of terrorism, loss, damage or liability arising from nuclear weapons material and radioactive contamination.
- Consequential loss
- Loss or damage caused by or through riots.
- Loss or damage due to theft by any of the Insured’s employees
Who can Benefit from the Theft Policy?
Individuals, shopkeepers, factory owners, hoteliers and others (professionals, businessmen, organisations)
Some Advantages of the Theft Policy
- Valuables, jewellery, paintings and works of art the value of which does not exceed € 1.709 per item need not be declared.
- When insuring business furniture, fixtures, fittings, plant and appliances the cover is extended to include employees, clothing and personal effects and the costs incurred for the inputting of lost computer data.