What does the Fire Policy Cover?
The Fire Policy covers:
Loss of or damage to the Buildings and its Contents contained in the building occasioned by fire, lightning and explosion of boilers or liquid gas cylinders used for domestic purposes
An optional cover is also offered for loss or damage caused by:
- Storm, hurricane
- Malicious damage
- Bursting of water pipes or overflowing of water tanks
- Escape of water from pipes
- Riots, strikes
- Impact by vehicles or aircraft
- Explosion (other than the one mentioned above)
- Fire caused by the burning of forests, bush and the clearing of land by fire
- Architects’, Legal and Surveyors’ fees necessarily incurred in the repair or replacement following loss or damage caused by any of the insured peril.
- Expenses for the removal of debris and demolition following loss or damage caused by any of the insured perils
- Loss of rent (when the Insured Building is rented to others) as a result of loss or damage caused by any of the insured perils
What does the Fire Policy exclude?
The policy is subject to certain exclusions, some of which are:
- War, acts of terrorism, loss, damage or liability arising from nuclear weapons material and radioactive contamination.
- The damaged/destroyed property’s own spontaneous fermentation or heating.
- Loss of income or consequential loss
- Loss of or damage to the boiler itself that was the cause of an explosion.
- Loss of or damage to stock that is stored below the level of the road and is not placed on shelves of at least 15cm height.
Who can Benefit from the Fire Policy?
Individuals, shopkeepers, factory owners, hoteliers and others (professionals, businessmen, organisations)
Some Advantages of the Fire Policy:
- Valuables, jewellery, paintings and works of art the value of which does not exceed € 1.709 per item need not be declared separately
- When insuring business furniture fittings, fixtures, plant and appliances the cover is extended to include employees’ clothing and personal effects and the costs incurred for the inputting of lost computer data.