A comprehensive insurance policy covering the Insured’s liability arising from his negligent acts or omissions in connection with his activities
This type of cover is included in the basic cover of the Home, Office and Shop Policies and optional cover in the Contractors’ All Risks, Machinery and Yachts Motor Boat Insurance Policies.
What does the Public Liability Insurance Policy Cover?
- The Policy indemnifies the Insured against his legal liability to pay compensation in respect of accidental bodily injury, death, disease and illness to any persons or accidental damage to property belonging to others in connection with the Insured’s premises, their contents or the Insured’s activities.
The following optional covers are also offered:
- Cover throughout Cyprus in connection with the Insured’s business activities or other perils not related to the said activities (falling signs, etc.)
- Legal liability of the Insured restaurant or hotel owner arising out of the supply of food and drinks unsuitable for consumption
- Legal liability of the Insured in connection with the use of elevators or escalators
- Legal liability of the Insured Hotelier in connection with loss of or damage to guest’s property
What does the Employers’ Liability Insurance exclude?
The policy is subject to certain exclusions, some of which are:
- War, acts of terrorism, loss, damage or liability arising from nuclear weapons material and radioactive contamination.
- Liability arising from the supply of products by or on behalf of the Insured.
- Liability arising from advice, design or specification given for a fee by the Insured.
- Employers’ liability.
- Liability for loss of or damage to property that it is under the control of or held in trust by the Insured.
Who can Benefit from the Public Liability Insurance?
- Individuals, shopkeepers, factory owners, hoteliers and others (professionals, businessmen, organisations)
Some Advantages of the Public Liability Insurance
- Cover of legal liability arising from the negligent acts or omissions of the Insured’s employees
- Insured has the option of choosing the Limit of Indemnity.
- Cover of legal liability arising from the use of a vehicle which has not been registered as a Motor Vehicle and does not require a circulation licence or insurance cover